Table of Contents Show
- Organizing A Bridal Shower Jeopardy
- How To Play Bridal Shower Jeopardy
- Bridal Shower Jeopardy Questions Suggestions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
If you’re thinking of a fun way to spice up your bridal shower you definitely should consider Bridal Shower Jeopardy.
Bridal shower Jeopardy is similar to the famous game show it’s named after.
Questions are grouped into categories and tied to different points depending on their difficulty level.
Its uniqueness lies in the questions that the host will ask.
To adapt to the occasion, bridal shower jeopardy questions are centered around the couple, their interests, and the wedding.
In this post, we’ll give you the scoop on everything you need to know to organize a bridal shower jeopardy.
Organizing A Bridal Shower Jeopardy
For a successful bridal shower jeopardy, you’ll need:
- A Bridal Jeopardy Game Board: the game board will hold the questions and the answer. You can decide to make one, buy one, or go digital.
- Buzzers: You can buy a mechanical buzzer or have each team download one on their phone.
- Bridal Shower Jeopardy Questions: You’ll need a bunch of questions broken down into different categories. Examples of categories you could use are:
- The bride
- The groom
- The couple’s relationship
- The wedding
To avoid any hiccups, confirm the answers to personal questions from the bride and groom before the event.
- A Prize: The prize doesn’t have to be overly expensive. You could go for something that has sentimental value like a sash or crown. Another option is a small gift pack of goodies like chocolates and sweets.
How To Play Bridal Shower Jeopardy
Before the guests arrive, collate the questions, divide them into categories and attach points to each question.
The points usually range from 100 to 500, with 100-point questions being the easiest and 500-point questions being the toughest.
When it’s time for the game, divide the guests into teams and give each team a buzzer. You can have more than two teams depending on your number of guests.
Decide which team goes first by tossing a coin or rolling dice.
The playing team will choose a category and question based on the points.
If they get the answer correct, they get the point associated with the question; if they don’t, whichever team gets the answer gets the points.
You can ask the final Jeopardy question (usually the most challenging question) once you’ve exhausted all the questions on the board.
In the final Jeopardy round, each team bets a portion or all of their total points.
The facilitator will add the staked amount to their current points if the answer is correct. But, if their answer is wrong, they’ll lose the points.
Once each team has decided how many points they’re betting, the question is read out, and every team provides its answer.
The teams with correct answers add the extra points, while those who fail the answer lose the points they staked.
As with most games, the team with the highest number of points is declared the winner.
Bridal Shower Jeopardy Questions Suggestions
Take a look at these sample bridal shower jeopardy questions. Feel free to adapt them as you deem fit.
Jeopardy Questions About The Bride
- What did she want to be when growing up?
- Who was her first crush?
- What’s her favorite color?
- What’s her favorite food?
- Does she prefer books or movies?
- What’s her dream job?
- What was her nickname growing up?
- Where did she attend college?
- Which state did she grow up in?
- Who’s her celebrity crush?
- What’s her favorite perfume?
- When is her birthday?
- Where was she born?
- Does she prefer calls or texts?
- What’s her favorite dessert?
- What’s her favorite book?
- What’s her favorite movie?
- What’s her fashion fetish?
- If she could relocate to another country, where would she go?
- What’s her ring size?
- Where was she born?
Jeopardy Questions About The Groom
- What’s the groom’s favorite sport?
- What was the groom’s first job?
- Who’s the groom’s favorite band?
- What’s the groom’s favorite color?
- What’s the groom’s favorite food?
- What does the groom enjoy doing the most?
- If the groom could relocate to another country, where would he go?
- What’s the groom’s nickname?
- What was the groom’s nickname in college?
- Where did the groom first see the bride?
- What is the groom’s greatest pet peeve?
- What is the groom’s surname?
- Where did the groom grow up?
- Where did the groom go to college?
- What is the groom’s favorite drink?
- What size of shoes does the groom wear?
- What day was the groom born?
- What did the groom study in college?
- What kind of car does the groom drive?
- How old is the groom?
Jeopardy Questions About The Couple’s Relationship
- How many kids do they want to have?
- Where did they have their first kiss?
- How did the groom propose to the bride?
- Where will they live after the wedding?
- How long were they together before the groom popped the question?
- Where do they plan on having their honeymoon?
- What did they do on their first date?
- How did they meet?
- Who said “I Love You” first?
- What nicknames do they call each other?
- How old were they when they first met?
- What’s their favorite song?
- Who spends more time on their phone?
Jeopardy Questions Based On Songs
For this category, consider singing a line from the song and asking the contestants to complete it.
Alternatively, you could quote a line from the song and ask them to name the song.
- “We were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what love was…“
Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- “You know, you know, you know I’d never ask you to change. If perfect’s what you’re looking for, then just stay the same…”
Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars
- “Staring at you standing there in that dress. What it’s doing to me ain’t a secret…”
Speechless by Dan + Shay
- “My head’s underwater, but I’m breathing fine…”
All of Me by John Legend
- “I swore I’d never fall again, but this don’t even feel like fallin’. Gravity can forget, to bring me back to the ground again….”
Halo by Beyonce
Jeopardy Questions Based On Movies
When crafting jeopardy questions from movies, there are several ways you can get it done.
You could quote a line from the movie and then ask them to name the movie. E.g.,
- “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
When Harry Met Sally
- ” I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.”
You’ve Got Mail
- ” You had me at hello…”
You could also ask trivia questions like the year the movie was released or its main characters.
- What year was “Titanic” released?
- Who are the main characters in “Pretty Woman” ?
- What was the name of the maid in “Maid in Manhattan”?
Jeopardy Questions Based On The Wedding
- Who designed the bride’s dress?
- How many days are left until the wedding?
- Where is the wedding going to be held?
- What song will they use for their first dance?
- What’s the full name of the best man?
- How many groomsmen are in the bridal party?
- What’s the theme of the wedding?
- What song will be played for the father-daughter dance?
- Guess the flavor(s) of the wedding cake.
- How many bridesmaids are in the bridal party?
Final Jeopardy Questions
The final Jeopardy question should be the most difficult question in the entire game. For example:
- What is the date the groom proposed?
- How much has been spent on the wedding?
- What’s the bride/ groom’s father’s full name?
- What’s the full name of the officiating minister?
- How many guests are the couple expecting?
- How much did Serena Williams’ wedding gown cost?
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should the game be?
The game can run anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. It depends on how much time you have to spare for this session.
We do advise that you keep close tabs on time. It is very easy to get carried away by the game.
How do I get a jeopardy game board?
You could order one online or decide to get creative yourself.
You’ll need a carton, a couple of envelopes, colored paper, gum, and a marker to make one yourself.
How do I break a tie in Jeopardy?
If there’s a tie at the end of the game, you can ask another final Jeopardy question.
Alternatively, you could also call for a round of Double Jeopardy.
What is Double Jeopardy?
In double Jeopardy, the question is worth 1000 points or the team’s current score, depending on which is higher.
Note: Double Jeopardy questions should be more challenging.
Bridal shower jeopardy is an effective way to get everyone involved in the party.
Aside from this, it also helps the bridal party learn more about the couple. And of course, let’s not forget the prizes to be won.
Have fun using these questions in your bridal shower!